Joined: Jan. 2010
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Height: 5' 4"
||Posted: Sep. 03 2010,14:24
I took the recipe from the Book and adjusted and bulked it up a bit....but this is absolutely yummy! Made it for my fiance, best friend and I when we went to my sister's wedding a few weeks ago (really convenient to have so many people on the diet there) and My sister ended up eating it instead of the wedding food....and everyone else was begging for some because it looked so good!
3.5 oz cooked and cubed Turkey Breast
1/2 Cup FF Cheddar, shredded(Or one serving any other allowable cheese)
2 Tbsp allowable FF Mayo
2 oz Celery chopped
2 oz Onion chopped
1 package Shirataki rinsed and drained. (you may want to cut them up a bit as well)
- sautee celery and onion w/ pam to soften.
- once soft, put in medium bowl and add turkey.
- add 2 tbsp of mayo to mixture above and mix well
- Pan fry shirataki for a few minutes until they dry out a bit w/ salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.
- add shirataki to bowl and mix in.
- Mix in cheese last, and stir as little as possible
- Spray casserole dish with pam, pour mixture into bowl
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
-let sit 10-15 mins before serving (to let the cheese firm up a bit)
This serves two people. Each serving equals 1 protein serving, 2 oz Veg, 2 Misc
You can add crushed breton minis to the top for some added texture (10 usually covers our dish) and adds just 1/2 bread serving each. (you can use 20 and coat sides of the dish before pouring in mixture...through I haven't gotten it to crisp up quite like I think it should for the usage.
Originally started 1/4/10 and lost 105lbs by 11/12/10.
Regained over half of it back by 3/6/12. LOST almost all of it again by July 2012, all the way back down to 180! Gained it back and thensome by Jan 2013 :-( At it again!
I know as long as I keep trying I will get there. Planning a wedding for Nov 2013.. great motivator.