» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Turkey and cheese Casserole, Revised from the  Recipe Book< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
ChinaDoll TKP Offline

25% of Goal loss complete 

Group: Members
Height: 5' 4"
Female
Posted: Sep. 03 2010,14:24 QUOTEQQ

I took the recipe from the Book and adjusted and bulked it up a bit....but this is absolutely yummy!  Made it for my fiance, best friend and I when we went to my sister's wedding a few weeks ago (really convenient to have so many people on the diet there) and My sister ended up eating it instead of the wedding food....and everyone else was begging for some because it looked so good!

3.5 oz cooked and cubed Turkey Breast
1/2 Cup FF Cheddar, shredded(Or one serving any other allowable cheese)
2 Tbsp allowable FF Mayo
2 oz Celery chopped
2 oz Onion chopped
1 package Shirataki rinsed and drained.  (you may want to cut them up a bit as well)

- sautee celery and onion w/ pam to soften.  
- once soft, put in medium bowl and add turkey.
- add 2 tbsp of mayo to mixture above and mix well
- Pan fry shirataki for a few minutes until they dry out a bit w/ salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.
- add shirataki to bowl and mix in.
- Mix in cheese last, and stir as little as possible  
- Spray casserole dish with pam, pour mixture into bowl
- Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes
-let sit 10-15 mins before serving (to let the cheese firm up a bit)

This serves two people.  Each serving equals 1 protein serving, 2 oz Veg, 2 Misc

You can add crushed breton minis to the top for some added texture (10 usually covers our dish) and adds just 1/2 bread serving each.  (you can use 20 and coat sides of the dish before pouring in mixture...through I haven't gotten it to crisp up quite like I think it should for the usage.

--------------

Originally started 1/4/10 and lost 105lbs by 11/12/10.
Regained over half of it back by 3/6/12.  LOST almost all of it again by July 2012, all the way back down to 180!  Gained it back and thensome by Jan 2013 :-(  At it again!

I know as long as I keep trying I will get there.  Planning a wedding for Nov 2013.. great motivator.
Profile PM 
Arin Offline

25% of Goal loss complete 

Height: 5' 7"
Female
Posted: Mar. 18 2011,17:27 QUOTEQQ

This sonds sooooo yummy! I will 100% make this when I get my noodles  :D

--------------

You know the ages old saying that “If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you always got“. And you will always feel what you always felt. You yourself have to be the change you want to see in your own life. It starts with you, because it’s your life. Sometimes the change may seem intimidating, because it requires one to step away from the safety of their homes, or take a step to the side from well established path that goes straight ahead and everyone walks on it. Change bears risks with it, because it can go either way, but hey… If you always do what you’ve always done, you will always get what you always got.

For changes to be of any true value, they've got to be lasting and consistent...Anthony Robbins

Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase...Martin Luther King Jr.
Profile PM MSN 
dawnkyeknod Offline

Started Dr. B Maintenance 

Female
Posted: April 30 2012,10:22 QUOTEQQ

I made this last night with chicken.. I tripled it because I had a bunch of chicken thawed in the fridge so now I have lunch for today and tomorrow as well. YUM! Thanks for the recipe.

Edited by dawnkyeknod on May 26 2012,18:48

--------------

Restarted April 2014
Profile PM 
2 replies since Sep. 03 2010,14:24 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic :: New Posts ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

Quick Reply: Turkey and cheese Casserole
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code