» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: What do you do if you want to eat chips, Eating junk food in front of dieter< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
LarryTheMotelGuy Offline

Group: Members
Male
Posted: Feb. 22 2007,21:20 QUOTEQQ

How does the rest of the family handle eating junk food (pizza,  ice cream, chips etc.) in front of somebody on the Dr. B diet?
Do you try to hide it by going into another room ...or do you eat it in front of the dieter?   I try to do it discreetly,  so as not to tempt my spouse.    :bounce:

--------------
CarolP is my wife, she's been on Dr.B's diet since Oct,31st, 2006. Wanted to see how other family members are dealing with the changes.
Profile PM 
Michelle Offline
Dr. B Centurion
75% of Goal loss complete 

Group: Super Moderators
Height: 5' 7"
Female
Posted: Feb. 22 2007,21:28 QUOTEQQ

I think the best person to ask that question would be Carol.  

Basically, it all depends on what stage of dieting the individual is at and how they feel about it.  Temptations are everywhere and this diet is a change of lifestyle - if one is going to really change their lifestyle, they need to be able to live life and say no to the tempatation.  I, personally don't want the people around me to change their lifestyle because I have.

Some are at the stage they can do that, other are not and it really bugs them ... only Carol can answer that question.

--------------
http://www.DrBForums.com/ticker/Michelle.png

IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU ALWAYS DID, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU ALWAYS GOT !!!
Profile PM 
nickns2 Offline
Dr. B Centurion
Achieved 100% of weight loss Goal! 

Group: Honorary Staff
Male
Posted: Feb. 22 2007,21:47 QUOTEQQ

Quote (LarryTheMotelGuy @ Feb. 22 2007,21:20)
How does the rest of the family handle eating junk food (pizza,  ice cream, chips etc.) in front of somebody on the Dr. B diet?
Do you try to hide it by going into another room ...or do you eat it in front of the dieter?   I try to do it discreetly,  so as not to tempt my spouse.    :bounce:

My fiance tries not too but in the end I encourage her to eat whatever she likes....I usually make it for her!

I figure I need to be strong and I should be able to deal with it.

--------------

Profile PM 
summer69 Offline

Posted: Feb. 22 2007,23:01 QUOTEQQ

I actually get satisfaction from seeing loved ones eat.  I tell my husband to eat tempting foods for me, to let me savor them through him.  And I'm on a cooking and baking frenzy.  My family is like "by the time you get skinny, we'll all be fat!"  Hey, works for me!  :p

--------------
Profile PM 
CarolP Offline

Female
Posted: Feb. 22 2007,23:20 QUOTEQQ

I have always believed that I am the one on the diet. Others can eat and enjoy what ever it is they want. I still purchase any and all junk food loved by the family. I still cook the meals, get the snacks out etc. I dont' want others to feel BAD about being a normal weight and eating what they enjoy.  HONEY... this means YOU haha!   :usa:

--------------

Thanks for the support along the way!
Profile PM MSN 
Shawn Offline
Dr. B Centurion

Female
Posted: Feb. 23 2007,10:23 QUOTEQQ

Carol,
 I am a lot like you when it comes to my family.  I enjoy making their meals and seeing them happy and satisfied.   Cooking keeps me busy which really helps.  It is weird not tasting the foods to make sure it is acceptable but one of my kids is usually available for that.

Shawn

--------------

He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.
Lao Tzu
Profile PM 
SarahB Offline

Female
Posted: Feb. 23 2007,12:43 QUOTEQQ

My fiance eats what he wants for the most part - although I don't buy junk food anymore so he's lost a little weight by default just because we don't have anything really unhealthy in the house anymore. But I think that's a positive thing anyways. When he really does want something snacky he'll go and get it himself. I don't mind him eating stuff I can't have at all. Like Nick, it helps me recognize my ability to control myself, which is a huge part of this as a lifestyle change. Sometimes I'll ask him if I can smell something he's eating and for me that totally alleviates the craving. I'm sure it varies from person to person.

--------------
Profile PM 
Sherrie Offline

Height: 5' 5"
Female
Posted: Feb. 23 2007,13:04 QUOTEQQ

I am exactly the same way as summer when it comes to this discussion.  I find myself constantly baking cakes, cookies and brownies, making them pizza or burgers etc.  I also get the same response that summer gets from them as well.  I don't know what it is, but when I diet I feed others.  This time is the same in that respect but I doubt I will ever go back to eating that way again myself.  For sure I will have a treat from time to time but not like I used to.  
But for each person this would be diffrent.  Sometimes it still bugs me when they are snacking all night long but for the most part they eat when and where they want to.
Profile PM MSN 
ajsutter Offline

Female
Posted: Feb. 23 2007,13:42 QUOTEQQ

The only thing my family did different was not pop popcorn until I gave them the okay.  I just knew I wouldn't be able to control myself with the aroma of popcorn wafting through the house during the first couple of weeks!!!

--------------

aj sutter

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.  Anatole Franer

Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better.  Sydney J. Harris
Profile PM 
Tammy Offline

Female
Posted: Feb. 23 2007,13:47 QUOTEQQ

I'm with you on the popcorn. I have a different take on this. My fiance eats junk food in front of me all the time. I hate it. It's not good for him either. He has gained a lot of weight lately too. So I just threw out the rest of the bags of microwave popcorn. If I can't enjoy it, either will Andrew!

--------------
Profile PM 
17 replies since Feb. 22 2007,21:20 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic :: New Posts ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >
reply to topic new topic new poll

Quick Reply: What do you do if you want to eat chips
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code