Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Splenda, Not really a recipe helper but an FYI< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
Esoteric_Odyssey Offline

Completed Dr. B Maintenance 

Group: Members
Height: 5' 7"
Female
Posted: May 04 2012,10:44 QUOTEQQ

Hi all,

Just to give you a heads up on what I've recently found out about Splenda (and specifically Walden Farm products).

I really love Splenda and I don't want to deter anyone from the Walden Farms line or other products but recently I started to develop some odd symptoms. I visited my family doctor and went through a variety of tests (some for pretty scary deceases - MS, Rheumatoid Arthritis, liver disease) but all results came back negative - thank goodness.  However, my liver test showed extreme duress and I was still feeling like crap.

So my doctor started me on an elimination diet to see if we could pin point something I was eating that was making me ill.  After some time and a lot of restrictions it appears that my body is now rejecting splenda itself and spenda used in various products.  I don't know if it was an accumulation (over stimulation) over the years or if my body just woke up one morning and decided splenda was a foreign entity that must be eliminated from the body as quickly as possible(think allergy) causing various symptoms and side effects.

I found this website and it scared the pants off me however, I put it out there with a grain of salt. If you develop any strange symptoms just rethink the amount of splenda in your diet. It certainly ended up being my problem.

Splenda Sickness

~EO

--------------

I am thrilled to say that my avatar is actually a picture of me (taken Nov, 2010)!!! I'm proof that you CAN get the body you want and I did it by sticking to the diet.
__

Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley
Profile PM 
CalgaryTom Offline
Dr. B Bicenturion
1/2 of Me

Completed Dr. B Maintenance 

Group: Moderators
Height: 6' 0"
Male
Posted: May 04 2012,22:25 QUOTEQQ

wow, great information - thank you for sharing and I am so happy that you were able to find out about this before causing permanent damage.  I guess this is a lesson to us all to be wary of synthetic products.

--------------
"Do or do not... there is no try" - Yoda

W1: 17.2 W2: 9.4 W3: 8.0 W4: 8.8
W5: 7.8 W6: 6.0 W7: 8.0 W8: 7.6
W9: 5.2 W10: 6.4 W11: 6.8 W12: 5.0
W13: 6.4 W14: 6.4 W15: 7.4 W16: 7.8
W17: 4.6 W18: 6.6 W19: 5.2 W20: 6.4
W21: 5.0 W22: 6.4 W23: 6.0 W24: 4.7
W25: 6.7 W26: 5.8 W27: 6.0 W28: 0.0*
W29: 7.5 W30: 4.5 W31: 0.0* W32: 3.0
W33: 5.8 W34: 5.4 W35: 2.4**
* = Vacation Week
** = Goal Week
Profile PM 
Pamrobi Offline

50% of Goal loss complete 

Group: Members
Female
Posted: May 05 2012,12:01 QUOTEQQ

Wow EO, thanks for sharing that information. I limit all sugar substitutes since my body seems to react to them as it does to sugar, but I had always figured Splenda was the "least bad" of the bunch.

I'm very glad you and your doctor were able to figure out the problem before things got worse.

--------------
Profile PM 
2 replies since May 04 2012,10:44 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic :: New Posts ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

Quick Reply: Splenda
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code