Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: May 23, 2018 Weigh In< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
CJC Offline

Group: Members
Female
Posted: May 23 2018,17:06 QUOTEQQ

Down 1.2 since last Friday. Not great, but still in the right direction. I have increased my walking and I am back with water aerobic classes. I feel better. Today in water aerobics, I had a woman in class say "you look younger". I told her I was on Dr. B. and she and the other members were encouraging. The leader of the group is a fitness trainer and she was supportive of Dr. B as well. One fellow in class said something like " a person can't eat so little and lose weight that fast and be safe". The fitness trainer who seemed to know quite a bit about our diet gave him all sorts of facts about the diet and why it was successful and why people fail and regain. She was spot on. Basically said that dieters regaining was basically due to our carb addicted society.

--------------
Profile PM 
Janni Offline
Centurion
50% of Goal loss complete 

Height: 5' 5"
Female
Posted: May 23 2018,21:56 QUOTEQQ

Water aerobics sounds fun! I'm glad your fitness instructor had your back. :)

My weightloss has continued to be slow. Last week, I was 155.6 lbs all week long. I went from 155.6 to 154.2 over the long weekend, but then I'm up to 154.6 today? Arghhh. So 1 lb in the past week.

That said, the nurse had me schedule a maintenance appointment for next week. She said I don't have to start maintenance, I can continue to lose to my goal weight (another 25 lbs), but I guess they just want us to be prepared for maintenance ahead of time. It does feel good that my goal is in sight.

--------------
Profile PM 
CJC Offline

Female
Posted: May 24 2018,13:56 QUOTEQQ

Janni it must feel great to have a nurse talk to you about maintenance! You have done amazingly well on the diet and are an inspiration for me to keep putting one foot in front of the other.

--------------
Profile PM 
CJC Offline

Female
Posted: May 24 2018,14:00 QUOTEQQ

Quote (Janni @ May 23 2018,21:56)
Water aerobics sounds fun! I'm glad your fitness instructor had your back. :)

My weightloss has continued to be slow. Last week, I was 155.6 lbs all week long. I went from 155.6 to 154.2 over the long weekend, but then I'm up to 154.6 today? Arghhh. So 1 lb in the past week.

That said, the nurse had me schedule a maintenance appointment for next week. She said I don't have to start maintenance, I can continue to lose to my goal weight (another 25 lbs), but I guess they just want us to be prepared for maintenance ahead of time. It does feel good that my goal is in sight.

Janni when did people really start to notice that you had lost weight? The gal at the pool noticed something with me saying "you look younger", but I am thinking because I started out so heavy at 288 lbs., it may be around the 40 lb. mark before people really start to comment. Just wondering about your experience with comments.

Edited by CJC on May 24 2018,14:01

--------------
Profile PM 
Janni Offline
Centurion

Female
Posted: May 24 2018,16:06 QUOTEQQ

I can't remember exactly, but it may have been around ~50 lbs lost. It definitely took a lot longer for anyone to say they noticed than I thought it would. I think people noticed earlier than that, but a lot of people are hesitant to comment on other people's bodies unless they're certain you've lost weight. A lot of people waited until I brought up the fact that I was losing weight before they said anything. Its funny, some of the people I work with (that I see every week) waited until I had lost 100+ lbs before saying, "Janni! Have you lost weight?!", as if they had *just* noticed. :)

--------------
Profile PM 
CJC Offline

Female
Posted: May 24 2018,21:04 QUOTEQQ

Quote (Janni @ May 24 2018,16:06)
I can't remember exactly, but it may have been around ~50 lbs lost. It definitely took a lot longer for anyone to say they noticed than I thought it would. I think people noticed earlier than that, but a lot of people are hesitant to comment on other people's bodies unless they're certain you've lost weight. A lot of people waited until I brought up the fact that I was losing weight before they said anything. Its funny, some of the people I work with (that I see every week) waited until I had lost 100+ lbs before saying, "Janni! Have you lost weight?!", as if they had *just* noticed. :)

Thanks for answering Janni. I am so observant that I notice when people have lost about 10 lbs. I feel like thumping the people on the head that said to you "have you lost weight?" after you lost 100+ pounds. Sure some people are so afraid of offending by saying anything about another person's body, but sheesh you have done what most of the population cannot do.

--------------
Profile PM 
Janni Offline
Centurion

Female
Posted: May 24 2018,22:05 QUOTEQQ

Quote (CJC @ May 24 2018,21:04)
Sure some people are so afraid of offending by saying anything about another person's body

I get it though. I once complimented a coworker who had lost weight, and it turned out that she had previously had cancer and it had returned and she had lost the weight due to being so ill. I felt terrible!

--------------
Profile PM 
Andie Offline

Female
Posted: May 25 2018,14:36 QUOTEQQ

Hi Janni and CJC
I haven't been on here for over a week due to schedules, but i didn't have much to report either
. I have been up and down 0.8 for a week and a half. Finally today I went in and had lost 3.8lbs since yesterday! How strange the body works. I am still kind of sad that in my first month, things have gone so slowly, but at least it's going in the right direction.

Janni, you have done so well! You are around where I started and I can't even imagine weighing 190lbs, let alone in the 150's where you are now. That is fantastic. Congratulations. Do you have any before/after pics?

--------------
Profile PM 
Janni Offline
Centurion

Female
Posted: May 26 2018,16:35 QUOTEQQ

Thank you, Andie!

I haven't taken a more recent one, but here's a face comparison from when I was 100 lbs down (270 lbs to 170 lbs)!

Progress Pic

Edited by Janni on May 26 2018,16:36

--------------
Profile PM 
CJC Offline

Female
Posted: May 26 2018,17:03 QUOTEQQ

Quote (Janni @ May 26 2018,16:35)
Thank you, Andie!

I haven't taken a more recent one, but here's a face comparison from when I was 100 lbs down (270 lbs to 170 lbs)!

Progress Pic

Those face shots are amazing. You are lovely in both, but the change is so profound. Thanks for showing them as it is motivation for all of us.

--------------
Profile PM 
11 replies since May 23 2018,17:06 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic :: New Posts ]

Pages: (2) < [1] 2 >
reply to topic new topic new poll

Quick Reply: May 23, 2018 Weigh In
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code