[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: You know you're fat when...< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
AlanO Offline

Group: Members
Male
Posted: May 20 2011,16:55 QUOTEQQ

I accidentally came up with a fat joke (at my expense) the other day when I was looking for an old t-shirt to wear to do some grungy work.  Among my old t-shirts I have lots of sizes (down to medium) from my thinner days.  As I was picking them up, there were several that I didn't even have to look at the tag to rule them out as too small.  I could tell that there was no way they were going to fit (I need a 3X right now) because... they weren't heavy enough.

That made me think, "you know you're fat when you can tell that a shirt isn't going to fit because it doesn't weigh enough".  It was funny and sad at the same time.

Ah well, here's to thinner days ahead...

Anybody else have a "I knew I was too fat when..." story to share?

Edited by AlanO on May 20 2011,16:58

--------------
Profile PM 
ChinaDoll TKP Offline

25% of Goal loss complete 

Height: 5' 4"
Female
Posted: May 27 2011,09:51 QUOTEQQ

You know you are fat when you can't wait for the moment you get home from work because you can take off your ill fitting and uncomfortable work clothes and throw on something completely baggy to accommodate your girth!

--------------

Originally started 1/4/10 and lost 105lbs by 11/12/10.
Regained over half of it back by 3/6/12.  LOST almost all of it again by July 2012, all the way back down to 180!  Gained it back and thensome by Jan 2013 :-(  At it again!

I know as long as I keep trying I will get there.  Planning a wedding for Nov 2013.. great motivator.
Profile PM 
deb_109 Offline

Female
Posted: May 27 2011,10:04 QUOTEQQ

When your standing in line at Canada's Wonderland and your praying your big butt will fit .

Edited by deb_109 on May 27 2011,10:05

--------------

1 month 24.4 lbs
Profile PM 
AlanO Offline

Male
Posted: May 27 2011,11:24 QUOTEQQ

I came up with another one (unfortunately).  About a week ago I put my foot up on something and reached down to pull on my sock.  While I was bent over to pull up my sock my lower back gave out.  I have back trouble now and again, but have never just had my back "go out".  For about a week I had trouble standing and even walking without considerable discomfort.  It finally seems better but I'm being careful with it.  I know that my lower back problems are due to the weight of my gut pulling on it.

So, my new "you know you're fat when" is:

You know you're fat when you suffer a week long disability because you hurt yourself getting dressed.

I'm so looking forward to losing this weight.   :bangin:

--------------
Profile PM 
Esoteric_Odyssey Offline

Completed Dr. B Maintenance 

Height: 5' 7"
Female
Posted: May 27 2011,14:37 QUOTEQQ

You get back several pictures from your vacation and every single one has unexplained rolls, puckers and dimples. Sigh...It isn't the camera angle.  :(

EO~

--------------

I am thrilled to say that my avatar is actually a picture of me (taken Nov, 2010)!!! I'm proof that you CAN get the body you want and I did it by sticking to the diet.
__

Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness. ~Edward Stanley
Profile PM 
Stiletto con Carne Offline

Height: 5' 5"
Female
Posted: Mar. 13 2012,23:41 QUOTEQQ

I know this is an old topic, not sure if anyone will read it, but my moment came a week before I started Dr. B back in Aug 2010.  ....

I was in the car & thought I heard my cel ringing, I looked everywhere for it (relax ppl, my hubby was driving! ;) )   Then I moved back to reach behind the seat & when I gave up & returned to my position & went to rebuckle my belt I found my phone:  it was under a roll of chub, lost under my protruding belly.  

You know you're FAT when you lose your cel phone in your own fat folds.  : }

I'm restarting the strict diet, now that I'm finished nursing my 3rd baby(3 months old) Happily I'm the same weight I was when I went off the diet when I discovered I was pregnant, having already lost the 16 lbs of "baby weight".

--------------

Re-starting after the birth of my 3rd child. Happy to say I'm still down from highest weight of 224 lbs when I initially started Aug. 2010
Profile PM MSN 
Louise Offline

Female
Posted: Mar. 14 2012,16:14 QUOTEQQ

omg deb, i'm still traumatized by the canadian minebuster ride at canada's wonderland.  i'm sure my thighs are permanently disfigured from squashing against the side of the seat....

--------------
Profile PM 
Salma Offline

Female
Posted: Mar. 17 2012,00:26 QUOTEQQ

@ Louise...lol minebuster..lol lol..that ride always made my head hurt!!! :p

--------------
Profile PM 
Louise Offline

Female
Posted: Mar. 17 2012,09:04 QUOTEQQ

it might have hurt my head too, i was too busy wondering how big the bruises on my thighs would be

--------------
Profile PM 
Julia76 Offline

75% of Goal loss complete 

Female
Posted: April 14 2012,19:30 QUOTEQQ

... you don't sit down on the bus, even when you really need a rest, because you don't want to squish the person next to you :(
Profile PM 
9 replies since May 20 2011,16:55 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic :: New Posts ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

Quick Reply: You know you're fat when...
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code