[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Products, Options< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
SeraP Offline

Group: Members
Female
Posted: Mar. 16 2010,19:07 QUOTEQQ

I am relatively new to the Program and am finding my food options very limited as I have not been able to find most of the items on the list that are certified Kosher.  Also, Passover is approaching and that presents another challenge (except for the matzah allowance).  

Anyone who can help?  I live in Toronto.

Thanks.
Profile PM 
JessieB Offline

Height: 5' 4"
Female
Posted: Mar. 17 2010,02:26 QUOTEQQ

Hi Sera,

Sorry I'm no help but I thought I would post to keep this post current in the 'new posts'.  I know I never check the recipes section etc unless I'm looking for something.

Good luck!

--------------

Originally started the diet in May 2007. Got down to 201 and got off track.  Had a tonne of trouble getting back on track. A month into being completely focused I found out I was pregnant!!! Had my sweet little angel in June 2009 and started all over again in Febuary 2010.  This time I got down to 186 but when I looked in the mirror all I saw was the fat me.  I couldn't *see* the weight loss.  Needless to say, fell off the bandwagon all over again.  Here I am again at my highest weight yet.
Profile PM 
Clair Offline

75% of Goal loss complete 

Height: 5' 7"
Female
Posted: Mar. 17 2010,12:16 QUOTEQQ

Sera I am almost sure that when I was on the diet the first time that the clinic had a kosher food list.  Have you checked with them?  I eat organic and don't use many of the processed foods like protein bars etc.  I can't get the Allegro cheese anymore so that eliminates the cheese problem.  About the only thing that I eat that you can't have is the Joseph's pita, but you have the matzah.  I use lots of herbs from Safeway Litehouse herbs to sprinkle on my salads with lime juice and a bit of salt so I try to stay away from the garnishes that are processed too.  Are there certain products that you are missing that we could help you with?

--------------
Profile PM YIM 
JanP Offline

25% of Goal loss complete 

Female
Posted: April 14 2011,01:36 QUOTEQQ

I started in March 2011 and there are six recipes in the kosher section in the recipe book they give you at the clinic?? have you checked that?  We tend to go to the states and buy our Kosher meat from Trader Joes.. not sure about Toronto though... We also eat alot of Israeli salad(minus the olive oil) My hubby makes us Yemenite soup sometimes on Friday, I just don't eat any other vegetables other then onion in my broth!

--------------
Profile PM 
3 replies since Mar. 16 2010,19:07 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic :: New Posts ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

Quick Reply: Products
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code