» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: April 9, 2018 Weigh in / Check IN, Monday weigh in< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
KristenLT Offline

Group: Members
Height: 5' 6"
Female
Posted: April 08 2018,20:33 QUOTEQQ

Weigh In Time EVERYONE! This is my first weigh in since starting back last week and I am excited to hear about everyone's stories and maybe struggles. I have a few questions for you.

1. What is a new food or recipe you tried?
2. Did you find something new in the supermarket that is Bernstein friendly?
3. Do you have any upcoming events this week that might be challenging?
4. What is your biggest fear or failure concern?

I'll be back tomorrow morning and can't wait to hear how everyone is doing and celebrate your losses with you! I'm going to do some editing of my goals and hope to have it ready for posting tomorrow.

--------------

Starting all over April 2, 2018   282.4

Strict Adherence Rewards                    Weight Loss

45 days-kayak                                      45lbs-Jewelry or New bike
90 days-New Bicycle                           85lbs-trip to a beach/Iceland
135 days- weekend away                 100lbs-new clothes
180 days-slab roller                          140lbs-GOAL-Go nuts without Bankruptcy
200 days-pottery shopping spree

Profile PM 
KristenLT Offline

Female
Posted: April 09 2018,12:58 QUOTEQQ

I lost 8.4lbs this week. I am very happy with that as I hit my 2% target goal.

Now to answer my own questions.

1:I tried 3 new recipes this week. An apple, chicken lettuce wrap that I found on here as well as an egg white quiche in a muffin tin that I also found here. I had the quiche for breakfast and they were fantastic and easy. I wanted a shrimp salad dish so I found one on Pinterest and adapted it for Dr. B. That will be lunch today but so far it looks amazing.

2: Simply Protein bars. They sell them at Shoppers Drug Mart and I picked up the Chocolate Peanut Butter and Coconut Lemon. They were fantastic so I ordered some from Amazon.

3: No. Nothing special this week that should pose any challenges

4: I don't want to keep doing this dieting yo-yo thing. I am done with it and it's time to make this happen. I need to see it all the way through and I am hoping that using the motivational guide that I built, I will be able to do that.

I hope everyone else had a great week and I'm looking forward to reading your losses. It's kind of lonely our here in the cyber abyss.

--------------

180 days-slab roller                          140lbs-GOAL-Go nuts without Bankruptcy

Profile PM 
wkabean Offline

Female
Posted: April 10 2018,14:11 QUOTEQQ

Hi Kristen
Way to go on your loss and your planning, it sounds like you will be successful this time.
I too am determined to stick with it. I just weighed and lost 2 pounds for the week, a little disappointing but in the right direction. I don't think I had enough water and also had no fish which I need to have a better weight loss. I have had company but I have stuck to it and supplemented their food.

Anyway I have a reward in mind and that is once I have gotten down 40 pounds I will spend a gift certificate for $300 at a delightful clothing store and get it off my mind. My husband gave it to me 3 years ago and I refuse to shop until I can fit into the clothes I want. It is still valid as I have checked! Of course I will reward myself as I see necessary but it will have to be the right thing as I have too much already.

So keep up the good work and I will hang in there with you!

Wendy

--------------
Profile PM 
KristenLT Offline

Female
Posted: April 10 2018,15:04 QUOTEQQ

Thanks Wendy. I appreciate the company.

If I don't drink enough water I don't see the movement either. I can feel it before I step on the scale as my body will retain instead of flush it out.

2lbs is 2lbs. That's great! Any loss is better than a gain in my books.

--------------

Profile PM 
Janni Offline
Centurion
50% of Goal loss complete 

Height: 5' 5"
Female
Posted: April 16 2018,22:34 QUOTEQQ

1. What is a new food or recipe you tried?

I've already mentioned these elsewhere on the forum, but I discovered Betty Light Bread so I've been having a sandwich a day and loving it. Tomato sandwiches, turkey bacon and tomato sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, mmmm.. I think I might make grilled cheese later this week!

Also, I've been adding cocoa powder and splenda to my Liberte plain greek yogurt and making a chocolate dip for fruit (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries), yum!

3. Do you have any upcoming events this week that might be challenging?

It's my partner's birthday on the 21st, and he wants to go visit his family for the weekend. I find it really hard to stay on plan when I'm a guest at someone else's house. I'll admit that I feel embarrassed eating something completely different than everyone else, and I feel like a bother asking them to make something special for me. He told his dad that I'm mainly eating protein and veg, and he seemed really receptive to that. I'll try to plan ahead and bring some food with me as well.

4. What is your biggest fear or failure concern?

A small concern right now is that my weight loss has really slowed down the past while. It's frustrating, at least.

My biggest fear/failure concern is that after I put all this work into losing the weight, I'll gain it back again. It's happened to me multiple times already and its hard to be confident that I won't let it happen again.

--------------
Profile PM 
4 replies since April 08 2018,20:33 < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track this topic :: Email this topic :: Print this topic :: New Posts ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

Quick Reply: April 9, 2018 Weigh in / Check IN
iB Code Buttons
You are Posting as:
Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code